Vanilla Slice with Chocolate Drizzle.
On a low carb diet sometimes you just want something sweet. This Vanilla slice with fresh Raspberries and Chocolate Drizzle was super easy to make and was still yummy 5 days after making. If you find it’s getting too dry you can heat for 20 seconds in the microwave to warm and moisten. Each slice contains around 1.1g of Total Carbohydrate.
- 1/4 cup Natvia
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup or 50g melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 ex-large egg
- 2 squares or 20g Lindt 90% Cocoa Chocolate for drizzling
- Prepare a shallow baking pan with non stick paper to hang about 2 inches over the sides. This extra paper will help to lift the slice out of the tray after baking. I used an 18x 27cm Whiltshire slice tray but only spread the mixture across 2/3rds of the pan. Preheat the oven to 160C and place the egg on the counter to come to room temperature.
- Mix the dry ingredients, Natvia, almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder in a bowl. Stir well till evenly mixed.
- Melt the butter till fully liquid (about 20 seconds in the microwave) and add to the dry ingredients. It’s very important that the butter is fully liquid as you will need this liquid to bring the slice together. Add the vanilla and egg and stir well till all combined.
- Spread the slice mixture evenly across half the base of the pan using a spatula. If it sticks too much wet the spatula to spread and flatten the mix. The water will help prevent the mixture from sticking. Bake for 30 minutes or until the base is dry, firmed and browned. Remove from the oven and cool. Wait until the slice has cooled slightly before you slice.
- Very carefully melt some 90% Lindt in the microwave in a coffee mug in short bursts of 20 seconds until it’s melted. Using a tea spoon drizzle the melted chocolate over the slice and top with Raspberries.
Copyright 2019 Food Facts for Healthy Eating